Tuesday 6 October 2015

Penny Black and More October challenge - Warm Autumn colours

The current challenge over at Penny Black and More is  'Warm Autumn colours'. Such a lovely theme and this is my entry:
I used:

- A6 cream card blank

- a dark brown mat, cut from a snippet of course

- backing paper from the My Mind's Eye paper pad called 'Sunshine'

- Penny Black stickeroos from the 'April in Paris' sheet - I think it should be Autumn in Paris as the colours are so rich and Autumnal on all the stickeroos. Little tip, I stuck the whole strip across the patterned paper and then trimmed it in situ, from the back with scissors - simple but useful idea, at one time I'd have tried to cut it to size first (you live and learn)

- wrapped a couple of snippets of aubergine wide organza ribbon and narrower satin ribbon down the left hand side of the patterned paper before sticking it to the dark brown mat

- then adhered it to the card front before tying a couple of snippets of the same ribbon into a knot. Another little tip, I always tuck a little piece of  red line tape underneath the knot or bow to stop it from moving about

A quick card but I do love the 'depth' in those stickeroos! No sentiment, this is just a card for general use.

Di
x

30 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Di, love the colours on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Autumnal creation and perfect for our theme Di. So nice to see you used a Stickeroo as PB are always keen to see their versatility displayed.

    Many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful autumnal card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely, those trees are divine

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rich autumn colours Di, I too love purples. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning & such Devine rich colours too, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di the tree on your card looks so beautiful ...a soothing card
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really some fantastic stickers! My goodness, I was just about to ask how you colored those gorgeous trees when I read they're stickers! How pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card Di and the browns with the aubergine ribbon are beautiful and there is also a touch of purple in the trees too which ties in beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great autumn card Di. That ribbin is lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Di and such beautiful rich colours.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Di. I love the combination of browns and purples - very unusual and very autumnal too. That's a great tip. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Di! I love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgous card Di. Love the Stickeroo and gorgous colours.

    Yes my Dad is still doing his knitting... his house is overrun with caterpillars and snakes but luckily they usually find new homes pretty quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautifully designed card! Great choice of colors and papers!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful autumnal card, the colours are gorgeous and so are the lovely ribbons.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Di, this is stunning!! Your card seems a window on an autumn garden! Love these Stickeroos and the bow!! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Di your card is so pretty and the colours are gorgeous l love Autumn the ribbon looks stunning too!... your so good with the Stickeroo stickers take care x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not seen this stickeroo which is unusual for me, love it, great card and love the way you have die cut it, it would also fit the Allsorts Nature challenge.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do like a stickeroos or two on a card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning, Di - I love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful designed card, love those trees, stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card...Gorgeous colours. I've never seen a Stickeroo before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card and a stickeroo I've not seen before, so nice to see them in our challenge at Penny Black & More. Thanks so much for taking the time to enter.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card!!
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog! Be sure to check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Di! Beautiful colours, beautiful design. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.