Friday 9 October 2015

Happy mail

I try to enclose a little card with each weekly Snippets Playground prize. Sometimes it's the Sunday Snippets card I made - at other times, my snippets card might not be suitable and that's when I set to and make something different - such as this card:
I used:

- 4" x 4" square white card blank

- flower and leaf stamp from the Uniko 'Pure Florals - Gerbera' sets, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink then coloured using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution

- at this point I was planning to use the matching dies to cut out the leaf and the flower, but I'd gone over the outside line whilst blending in a couple of spots and the outline dies leave a white border, sigh. So, I fussy cut round them instead

- stamped the sentiment next, using VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia' ink and two words from the Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy' stamp set 

- then I added the leaf and flower using Collall All Purpose glue

- top right hand corner looked too bare, but adding Josy Rose nail heads or similar would have been too fussy IMHO - so I rounded it off using my Fiskars Corner Rounder scissors

- final touch, a tickle of clear Wink of Stella all over the leaf and the flower

Job done - another time I might even get the Twinkling H2O's out and have a play, gerberas do come in such lovely, vibrant almost jewel like colours:

These beauties were delivered on my Birthday the other week, from Len - aw :)

Di 

19 comments:

  1. A beautiful, striking card - which is even better IRL! :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love how you rounded the corner! I often think a card needs something added, never thought of taking it away instead iykwim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gerberas - both your card and your bouquet are stunning!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauitful match Di...gerbenas are such pretty flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card and what a great idea to round the top corner - I must remember that one!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of this striking card. The flower is so vivid & I love the sentiment u made. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Very lovely big flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card...love this stamp from Uniko!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gerbera Di and love the colour you have used, this would definitely be very happily received mail. A beautiful birthday bouquet you had from Len too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Di, particularly the Winnie and Walter sentiment. So much so, I went looking for the stamp set only to find that, for now anyway, it is sold out at the one UK source I found. Oh well, never mind ... maybe it will be re-stocked soon. Gerberas are bright and beautiful as can be seen in the bouquet Len gave you :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love so much Uniko's Gerbera and the matching die, I have already looked and I'm in love with it! I'm waiting to have a budget to make an order on Beverly's site and that she re-stocked it!... Your CAS is just amazing, LOVE it soooo much!! The fussi-cut rounded corner is just perfect and looks very well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Di,
    Lovely card. Len did a great job with the flowers -- happy belated birthday!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. H Di your card is so pretty and those flowers are gorgeous! good job Len huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gerbera card is gorgeous Di, they are such beautiful flowers and your vibrant colouring is perfect. A super sentiment stamp too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Gerberas...the real ones and yours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Di I love your little snippets cards, you always produce such good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've saved each and every one of your little cards, so know your work is always treasured. I love the pretty daisy and your birthday flowers are lovely! If only they'd last a little longer eh? At least until the next birthday *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning flower, just up my street.
    Nice bunch from Len too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Strikingly beautiful floral card, Di! That is one gorgeous bouquet--Len earned brownie points for sure! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.