Friday 16 October 2015

Addicted to CAS - 'Sparkle'

I just worked out that this is only the sixth time I'll have entered into the 'Addicted to CAS' challenge. I think it's because the new challenge posts on a Saturday almost at the time I'm writing up the Snippets Playground so it sort of slips past me on the dashboard. I aim to put that right 'toot sweet' and the current challenge code word is 'Sparkle':
 
And this is what I made, knowing I had a perfect sentiments stamp set to kick start things:
I used:

- 6" x 4" white card blank, landscape style with the opening on the right

- a slightly smaller piece of the same white card stock, with a star die cut in the top left quadrant

- next I stamped the sentiment using two stamps from the MFT 'You were meant to sparkle' set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink. The set comes with a large SPARKLE and lots of other wording to combine with it

- die cut a star the same size as the aperture from a snippet of glittery/sparkly silver card - using a die from the MFT 'Stars' set

- popped piece of double sided sticky behind the star aperture with the sticky face showing through the aperture and then popped in the die cut glittery star

- went round all edges of the reverse of the 'star front-piece' with Collall All Purpose glue, leaving the protective backing on the reverse of the added in die cut star area. This meant that patch wouldn't stick to the card blank and I could still have some 'wiggle room' so then I just added the front to the card blank

- decided to 'light up' the word SPARKLE using teeny little clear gems (and, as ever, it was impossible to capture the sparkles properly on camera, sigh)

A fun card to make, and also made so much easier by the lovely sentiments stamps set I used! And I quite like the landscape side opening style as a change :)

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. A really crisp and elegant card Di and it's a lovely sentiment.

    Afraid I've not been out to play this week again, my backs in sympathy with yours I think so having more dorsal root injections. So crafting's been restricted to must do's, but soon as I get going properly promise I will do better.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card - I love your inlaid star and that great sentiment stamp.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely crisp clean elegant sparkly card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific CAS card there Di. LOVE that sentiment.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Di and a great sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Di
    have a lovely weekend
    I am better
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sparkly star Di and the perfect sentiment and such pretty clear gems on it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect CAS card Di. The gems on 'Sparkle' look great. Hope you're enjoying your little break. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! No, no, noo! I have to have that stamp set and die - that is a beyond gorgeous card Di - love it. I will have to see if I can persuade OH to purchase a a new stamp set and dies for me that is so up my street! I am experimenting with CAS on my cards right now and I've fallen in love with these! Hope you have a fabulous weekend Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this technique and your CAS is very elegant. The SPARLE word with the gems is just fabulous! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thrilled to see you've linked up at ATCAS this week Di. Your card is simply CAS perfect and full of bling and sparkle! Just stunning. thanks so much Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clean design! Love clear gems on SPARKLE, looks like neon billboard. Thank you very much for sharing with us at ATCAS. - Ksenija, ATCAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. The inlaid sparkly star takes the spotlight, but I do like that big, bold sentiment with the tiny bling too! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How simple and stylish it looks Diane
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant Di and crisp is your card l so love the star its gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy is an understatement I'm ecstatic here! Thanks so much girls. Love your card Di you could enter in our Penny Black & more challenge. Great picks too x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, sparkle card :)
    So CAS. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely CAS design...Love your sparkly inlaid star and your sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.