Sunday 4 January 2015

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 158

Well, that's been a nice little break I must admit, and I was so pleased to see that so many of you still came to play - 107 entries in total!

My snippets card this week is a very simple one - and it's based on a new (to me) technique that I saw Greta using here, called 'camouflaging die cuts' :
I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card blank

- a piece of paper from Prima's 'Stationer's Desk' paper pad (my current favourite!), cut to exactly fit the front of the card - but not adhered, yet

- I backed the patterned paper with some 'Stick-It sheet' and then used a Penny Black die from the 'Hooray' set to cut out the word and set it to one side

- then used some snippets of white card to die cut the same word three times, also with the card backed with 'Stick-It sheet'

-at that point I adhered the patterned paper, with the word 'enjoy' missing, to the card

- next it was just a matter of slotting in a white die cut of the word, topping it with another two white ones and then adding the final layer which was the word die cut from the patterned paper

- one tip, depending on which word die you use you might have some solid pieces of patterned paper when you do the die cut - here it was the centre of the  letters e, o and the looped tail of the y. Do not throw these away - I almost did until I realised they were needed - they were the last thing I added, once all the layers were built up, they just popped into place down inside the letters at the same level as the background

- I did find that life was made much easier by using my Tim Holtz retractable craft pick to peel away the sticky backing and also to manoeuvre the layers into place

And this is Greta's card, showing how it ought to be done, this uses such a lovely bold word plus Greta stamped the background rather than cheating as I did with patterned paper :)
 

So, onto this weeks picks, even harder than ever this time so I did a short list and just stabbed with my pokey tool :)

I absolutely adore these cards, made by Viv. A perfect way to use up snippets and they look so fresh - and I particularly love the pink one, wink!

Greta made this beautiful scene for her hubby's card - on Christmas Eve. I wonder how many of us did that then? Waves hand here :)

This is one card that absolutely would have been included in the picks, regardless. Made by Cathy and just so, so elegant - plus the 'marbling' stamp is just divine.

I just love this card, made by Sarah (Sazzle Dazzle) - wonderful way to use up snippets and what a result!

This 'alternative' Christmas card made by Laurie really brought a smile to my face - such fun!

And there's one last card I want to show you. Liz made it and wasn't going to link in as she'd already linked three times - but I asked her to link (when I do the draw this won't be included) - but it's just fabulous and I'm sure you'd love to see this 100th Birthday card:
What's really lovely is that Liz has made sure this is a very tactile card due to the recipient (the 100 years young lady called Kitty) having poor eyesight. It's a stunner!


Sue J skipped in very late in the fortnight, but even though I'd done most of the picks I just had to add this little cutie in :) A real peaches and cream delight!
 
Ha! That's eight cards in total for the picks - I was on a roll there.

And we have several new playmates as well:

First of all Tiziana, from Italy, with this lovely Christmas card!

 Then Barbara C, with this clever combination of a branch and falling snowflakes.

Next came Desire, with such a lovely snippets card - the colours remind me of liquorice allsorts (a typically English sweet for those who might not know about them).

I love the beautiful colours on Alison C's snippets card - and did have a giggle at the postscript underneath her blog name which says 'or where did that inky smudge come from?'

Such a gorgeous card made by Janis - and a firm reminder that I ought to try following more sketches in 2015 :)

And finally, Bozena came to play right at the last minute, with this lovely card - darling image!

Crumbs, that's six new playmates - welcome to you all and I do hope you come back to play often!

And now comes the bumper prize draw:

Prize A: (all the dies that made up the Santa's Washing line scene)



Prize B: (the Hero Arts Snowman die/stamps set, sentiments stamps plus the embossing folders)



Prize C: (the Penny Black deer stamp plus the pack of three Wink of Stella brushes)




And Prize D: (the ribbons from Jules plus the extra Marianne tree die)


Can all the winners please drop me an email with their address (di_wray@hotmail.com), and also confirming that they're happy with their prize. I have cross checked with your comments and my only slight doubt is prize D - but after her number was selected I did go and peek at Greta's blog and spotted that she uses ribbons a fair bit - yay! 

So ladies, that was almost heart breaking as I wanted all of you to be a winner!

And this coming week's prize is quite a 'back down to Earth with a bump' one - but I hope it will be of interest:
It's a 48 sheet 6" x 6" paper pad the same as the one I used today (Prima's 'Stationer's Desk') which I just love, plus a Tim Holtz retractable craft pick - one tool I use all the time.

The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 10th January. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'Yes please' (or similar) in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. As always, if you're only interested in one or other of the items making up the prize, just say so and if you win then I'll do a further draw for whatever it is you don't want. But, please do go for both if that's what you'd like of course.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Di and of course, Parsnip!
x

56 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Di............Oh my goodness what a stunning card and l can see why these paper pads are your favourite they are gorgeous!!... l love the wordart l'm going to click on the link to find out more ..many congrats to your winners and of course what a fab showcase couldn't of been easy with all the entries well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out the link and it's amazing l'm going to try it out thankyou Di for sharing this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW to your beautiful camouflage card DI! I love that technique and must try it one day soon! Oh my goodness, what wonderful picks to showcase this week!! Impressive creations, thanks to everyone for sharing them, and congrats to the winners too!! Yes, to this week's draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camouflaged die-cut card looks amazing! I've seen this technique too and have been meaning to try it. I really enjoyed seeing your picks! Loved all of them! Stunning cards! Big congrats to all the lucky winners! I'll be back to play along in your playground! Would love to win your awesome prize! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for showing my flowery card. Congratulations to all the winners.
    I like that camouflage card idea. Your card is fab. Just for fun this week.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love your card Di, I have this paper, well the pad anyway, will have to give this technique a try. I'll say YES PLEASE to prize as I would love another as I've used the prettiest papers already : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di, I have to say that I think your card from this technique using the pp is really terrific!! It's a favorite for me!! You did a tremendous amount of work on this post ~ thank you for that! It was fun to have it sort of be the Greta Show with all the well-deserved recognition for my friend! I hope you are healed now and stay that way all new year long!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Darnell! It was only when I read the published post over again this morning that I realised that Greta got three curtain calls :-) Each of them well deserved too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB makes this week from everyone

    Happy New Year

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip,
    Yes to the prize.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Sorry I have been missing for a while.
    Love this fab idea for this card, I have bookmarked Greta's blog to take a closer look at this, but you have explained the basics so well I might not need to.
    Great paper used, and a lovely wording die used on it.
    I do hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and Santa brought you lots of crafting goodies.
    Thank you for all you hard work involved in this great challenge, plus your precious pennies spent on prizes.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di, your card is awesome, really really beautiful. Greta's too ofcourse but your cheat as you call it with the design paper is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing all of this because this technique is new to me too. Have a lovely great crafty year Di, hugs from Veerle Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantabulous showcase here Di and I love that camouflage technique you've used. Hmmm may have to case that one. Thanks for showcasing my card and congrats to the worthy winners. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful snippet card, Di and such a wonderful selection of gorgeous designs from playmates. I seem to have neglected the playground a bit over Christmas time (wasn't feeling that great and kept busy most of the time), but hoping things are going to get back to normal (when the plumber's been today to sort out the drainage from the shower ... wish there was a permanent solution!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your camouflage card. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for the clear instructions.

    Congratulations to all the winners and everyone who had one of their cards showcased. Thank you for including the 100th birthday card I made. Kitty's 100th party was fab yesterday, well over 100 people there. The Mayor and the town crier turned up wearing the full gear. We were entertained by the Melksham Pearlies, and joined them singing all the old songs. Last Thursday Kitty's birthday was announced before the football game and over 8000 people broke into spontaneous applause. It brought a tear to my eye! One more big event to go.......lunch for about 30 of us in one of the boxes at the football stadium before the next game. I only hope if I live to be 100, I'll be as amazing as Kitty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Di - and a technigue I will use I think... once I have bought suitable sentiments stamp(ssssss)!!!! LOL
    Great picks and thanks for picking me - no idea why you have that terrible winky twitch in your eye - but I'll allow you to recycle it for next year if you want! (the card, not the winky twitch)
    Welcome to the newbies too.
    Gonna play this week cos I haven't bought any paper for almost a year and I WANT some! LOL
    Back later in the week or maybe later today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an interesting technique which I must try. I would love an opportunity to win the paper pad (love Prima designs) but I already have the pointy tool so that could go to someone else if I win.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card Di and I love the camouflage technique and some pretty papers on offer too. Congratulations to the lucky winners of those great prizes and also some great highlighted cards too, and thank you to Di for organising it all so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of the prettiest cards I've seen using this technique! Love the soft peacefulness of it! Great picks. So many beauties in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Di, Happy New Year,
    Love your card - that's a great technique, perfectly done. I tried it once and built up the little inside bits too.. duh!! So you've given me the inspration to try it again.
    Congrats to all the lucky winners.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Di..wow!! I love that technique will have to give it a try gorgeous card...congrats to all the winners!!!! and so many picks all stunning and thank you for highlighting my card Di huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely card Di - and a great technique for me to try!

    Thanks to you and Mr Random for selecting me for one of your fab prizes - I'll email you with my details.

    I'll be playing again this week, but as I've just won this fab prize I'm only playing for fun this week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the technique you have done on your cards will have to go and find out how to do this and have a play as your cards are stunning, congratulations to all the top picks and winners. Please include me in the draw

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love, love your card Di! I have seen this technique used all over, but have yet to try it myself. I need to! I am loving that paper you used and I love that die word. What fabulous picks you picked this week, I love them all too-so many fabulous ideas!! Congrats to the winners and I love that you got all those newbies to the playground! Welcome to them all!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What a beautiful card with a technique that looks very INN-t'resting and can't wait to try it. TFS the instructions and I'll check out Greta's blog as well. And Yes, I'm waving my hand, cause DH got a handmade card from me (it was a close call though!). Lots of beautiful cards to enjoy this week, and was so pleased to see some of my blog friends were prize winners and/or showcased. Lots of talent shows up here, and it's always fun to have a look 'round, even if I don't have time to join in or comment. Hope your hols were super good and that the eye problem is now last years' memories. TFS & as always, Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous technique and it looks wonderful too Di. Great picks this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG I am so excited to have won one of your lovely prizes Di....I shall be hop skipping and jumping around the playground all week! Thank you so much!. I was also lucky to have had a chance to learn this camouflage technique from another playmate today, and loved it, so will definitely be giving it a go. Tfs all the picks too...such talent! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Di, your card is really beautiful. I love the gorgeous paper you used and the great camouflage technique, I've not seen that before but definitely intend to try it soon.
    Congrats to all the winners and those showcased, so many wonderful cards.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Year to my Playground Buddies!!
    Love your card Miss and great picks you have chosen. Well done to the winners.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE this technique Di, it looks fab with the dp and the stamping, TFS how you did it. Congrats to the winners and thank you for the shout out, there's always so much inspiration in the playground! I'm hoping to get time to play this week so as Arnie says, "I'll be back", Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello,
    thank you very much for noticing my work in the last challenge. It was very nice to me. This time, I applied the maximum number of works to increase my chances of winning:-))) I know, I'm clever ...
    Best regards and thank you for fun.
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  31. Back from hubby's daughter's--late Christmas with them--to find that you gave the camouflaging technique a try after you saw my card & oh what a beauty you made, Di! I'm so honored you showed 2 of my cards & then to be drawn for the extra prize--amazing! I adore ribbon & I've wanted a tree die like that, so I'll gratefully accept the prize. The other picks are such a great variety of wonderful creations! If I get to enter this week it will be just for fun. I'm slowly catching up on reading blogs. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yeay I finally got to come back to see you all!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am determined to use up lots of snippets, UFOs & NBUS this year! Let's see if I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners.

    Sensational picks - all of them lovely.

    Waving hello to the Newbies!

    Your card is absolutely WONDERFUL Di. Funnily enough . . . I also loved Greta's card and went over to watch the tutorial and had a go myself. Which lead a Play Day make yesterday!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a fab collection of cards! Yours this week is amazing, I've seen things made that way but never seen a description of how it was done. I suspect I'm not precise enough to make a good job of something that needs so much accuracy. I've taken a stock check of all the papers I own and I think I'd better just play for fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy New Year. Love your snippets card this week. This looks like a fun technique to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a gorgeous card Di! Love it's simple but stunning design!! Beautiful paper!
    Yes please the the lovely prize!
    I've just hopped skipped and jumped on into the playground this week :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  38. So many beautiful picks from all the talented players.
    Hands up for finishing DH's card on Christmas Eve too!
    Your card is so beautiful Di! I adore that one very much and must save up the pennies for the cutting die, yes please for the prize, will try to get back and play again depending on how I feel. Take care huni Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really love your camouflage die cut - a very classy card. Thank you for telling me about Darnell's challenge. I have joined in. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Di this is absolutely stunning, far better than the cased card, just love it. And great picks and prize winners


    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations to the winners and thank you for another challenge. Your card is so beautiful and really unique with the patterned sentiment against the patterned background! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations to all the talented girls!
    Wow Di! Your creation is more stunning than by me, such a fun coincident:)D. You beautifully used this gorgeous scripted PP for camouflage technique, stunning!
    Count me in, I love this stack with Tim Holtz Distress tool.
    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've never heard of the camouflage technique before Miss but you made a beauty of a card, it's really pretty. Congrats to all the winners and hello to the new Playmates. looking forward to having more time to join in again, the end of the year just flashed by in a blur!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've finally got back in my craft room to make my first card to 2015! I'm a YES PLEASE to go in the draw this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous card! Incredibly cool technique and you rocked it here. I made a card this weekend (well 4 actually) two were snippets. I should come play except they are Christmas cards. I'm afraid people will throw rocks and garbage at me.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, I love your amazing card Di and I will definitely have to have a go at that technique. Congrats to all the lucky winners, wonderful highlighted cards and a big hello to the new playmates.
    I have been trying to reduce my pile of paper pads, but that one is so gorgous and I don't have a pokey tool so please can I go in te pot again xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. well done to the winners and those showcased - all great work.
    Love your cards Di - must try this technique.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  48. wonderful card am pinning it to try the idea, Miss :D!!
    Fun +++
    .. am in haste so wont chat ..

    I will say no as paper is wa-aay too much to post to Oz although I do love it :D and also have that wonderful especially fav. pricking tool its rarely away but out at hand on desk :D
    hugs Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have just posted my snippet card, I'm sorry I never got round to entering the last challenge. Yes Please to be in the draw.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  50. This playground is much more fun than I remember, not too many footballs either. I love seeing all these techniques and wonderful cards. More paper? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great card Di and lovely picks from the playground players. I am trying to link to my effort for this week but Mr Linky is not playing ball! Will try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Brilliant card and fabulous picks Di! All the best for 2015!
    Hugs, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Please count me in for the prize. The paper pack could be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  54. My you do put a lot in a post! Yes - to everything I need to say yes to!! Hope I did it right, Hettie suggested I link, don't think I've ever layed before, but maybe, the old memory ain't so good. Love what you did with the word. Had to read the instructions twice but then it clicked, very clever, gonna try that one out for sure. See ya around!! Cindyxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh wow...what a great technique....something else to add to the list. Fab card. Hope I have linked correctly and Yes Please if I win!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Just playing for fun after winning. Thanks, Di!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.