Saturday 5 May 2012

Simply Soft........

...is a Stampin' Up set I got as a Hostess Gift from Sarn a little while ago. I had to get over the fact that the two layers of the image are not meant to line up absolutely perfectly, and trust me I tried umpteen ways but that's the deliberate style of this set I think - to create a softer look as the name implies:

I used:

- white DL card stock

- SU Simply Soft stamp set

- Old Olive and Real Red SU Stampin' Spot ink pads

- sentiment by Penny Black - called 'Friends Matter', stamped in Old Olive

- double score lines top and bottom

- little dewdrop gems in the centres of three of the flowers - added later

I'd like to enter this card above into St Luke's Charity Card Challenge, which is 'one layer' this month. It's a great cause, and even better, you can send cards to them to be sold to raise much needed funds. Why not hop over and see the DT cards, they're fabulous and might well inspire you to enter!
I wonder how many of us make a card for a challenge and then perhaps add other things afterwards :) I just added the little dewdrop gems above to the flowers, thinking that one layer might mean no embellishments but I do think they finish the card off. The photo is rubbish though :(

So, the Bank Holiday weekend in the UK has begun - let the partying commence, whatever you have planned! Snigger, even if it's a walk in the rain - where's it all coming from huh?!

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. You're card is beautiful Di, I love it and the sentiment is perfect ;D

    Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to and hopefully the sun will shine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think this card is just beautiful Di. I like it with or without the dewdrops.

    Wonderful sentiment too.

    Really must join in with St Lukes this month . . . I've missed a couple.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...loVely card Di...great water colour effect you've acheived too...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, very soft and elegant. I like the fact the image doesn't line up properly, it adds more interest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your pretty card Diane a super image and a lovely word stamp..thank you for joining in our challenge this over at St Lukes


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Di

    Your card is absoloutely beautiful, I love it, and what a fab sentiment.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning simplicity - so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful elegant card Di. I like the fact that the colour overlaps the stamp edge.

    Think someone may be becoming addicted to SU ;)

    Have a good weekend, hopefully the weather will be kind

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Di. Wonderful image and sentiment.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! It's always hard photgraphing a 'long' card!
    Yep...Came home to find I had no email and no blog! But all seems fine now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di

    What a beautiful make.

    Love your flowers and the sentiment stamped in the coloured ink looks gorgeous.

    Hope you are having a good Bank Holiday weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made a stunner with this set Di - I love the pretty flowers and the scored detail on the card base. I agree that the gems finish the card beautifully and they don't usually count as a layer in one layer cards. Enjoy the BH weekend! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Di. Love the stamp and the sentiment is terrific. There`s nothing wrong with adding a couple of dew drops, they really finish it off. Thanks for joining us at St Lukes this month.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Embelishments are totally allowed in one layer cards, especially in this context where they enhance the clean and simple design. I know what you mean about these kind of two part stamps - I find them frustrating too but I do think the effect is gorgeous.
    Thanks so much for entering our scary one layer challenge this month.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty Di and I think you're right, the slight overlapping is what gives it it's casual softness. Beautiful colour choices.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty card Diane - I know these two step stamp kits take a while to get used to but they give such a pretty effect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, I like the two step stamp and the pretty colours you used. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this image - soft and pretty, and I love the words. You are always allowed to add embellishments to a OLC, but not too much. Bling is always good! Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.