Thursday 3 May 2012

Playing with new goodies

When I met Sarn last weekend, I also got my Stampin' Up order - so of course, have had to have a little play:
I got a freebie SU paper pack with the order too, some with really bold designs on one side and more repetitive designs on the other side. And they all mix and match really well. But, the bit that sort of blew me away even more is below:
I totally love Craftwork Cards sentiments and guess what, a couple of SU punches are just perfect to use with them (I always thought the oval sentiments looked a bit lonely without backings, but no longer!). I'm so tickled with this discovery, and I think it's one to share - and I have a ton of oval sentiments from Craftwork Cards. The plain oval and scalloped oval SU punches are on the left - I'd also been using an old style SU butterfly punch which is in shot.The new SU punches fold flat and are brilliant for storing.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- SU papers from the Pocketful of Posies pack

- butterflies punched from a different sheet in the pack - see what I mean about mix and match, the red is perfect with the tulip on the backing paper. The bold design of the backing paper seemed to want a bold and rounded butterfly rather than a delicate one

- Sentiment by Craftwork Cards, mounted onto a plain oval and then a scalloped one

- and a Josy Rose nail head in the centre of each butterfly

So, remember that Sarn at Stamping for Pleasure is always on hand to offer advice and obviously would be delighted to place a Stampin' Up order for you. She ain't a pushy demonstrator so I'm doing a little bit of pushing for her today :)

Oh, and I ain't on commission either :)

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. Welcome to the SU side Di, be warned their stuff is addictive ;). I don't have those punches (yet) but love the ones l do have, in fact l have an order arriving today which is very exciting.

    Love the card, your colour choice is fantastic and works well together.

    Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see what you've done with your new toys Di. Have fun.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love the striking colours.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to get new toys isn't it? Lovely card, have lots of fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab sentiment punch great work Love those butterflies Di What a fabulous card I love this one , great colours and that background image is super well done.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colours certainly go well together. I would never have picked that very simplistic butterfly punch, but here it works really well. And I love the oval sentiment. Ovals beat circles, squares and rectangles hands down in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di
    Fabulous card, love the papers. Might have to get hold of a SU catalogue!
    My magnets and bookmark arrived yesterday, thanks so much for sending them, I shall definitely be playing with those this weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di the card is beautiful and I love the way you've done your sentiment. I'm a big fan of these stylised butterflies and there are stamps to coordinate with them too - just ask Sarn! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those punches really work perfectly to give the sentiment a little bit more oomph. Such lovely bold papers too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Shucks . . . THANK YOU FOR THE PLUG Di. No, not the BATH PLUG, the SU plug! LOL!

    I'm so glad you love the items you bought. And what a fab card you've made with them. BRILLIANT!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card Di, I love the vibrant colours. The butterflies are brill and the punches work so well.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this card Di. The striking colours really work well.I too love those sentiments, best put that punch on my wish list. Hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di, I have had the scalloped oval for quite some time and have always intended to get the plain and smaller oval one day, just have never quite got round to it. I love how the SU punches sit very neatly on the desk too. Your card is gorgeous - I like your bold colour combo and the butterflies are gorgeous. Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card Di, I like the layout and the colours and patterns are very modern. Hugs, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't you a lucky girlie then? And they are not even PINK! Love what you have done with them as that card is gorgeous. I have been hatching SU orders with the lovely Sandra today. Looking forward already to the goodies! You have shown me yours so I will show you mine when I get them!! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  16. After sorting out my craft space and signing up for an online art course, I so want to go and play! But now that Scooter is unwell again, I am staying in this room with him as much as I can. I hauled a load of stuff in here the other night when I sat up with him and made 11 cards! But I hate messing this place up and then having to put it all back. That's wy I wanted the craft place sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous my dear....just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.