Tuesday 29 May 2012

Christmas foliage and Rudolph Day

Whipped up a couple of Christmas cards here in the scorching heat, to enter into Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (the theme is Christmas foliage) and of course Sarn's Rudolph Day Challenge. You have until 7pm on Friday 1st June to enter Sarn's challenge, and Hazel runs a new challenge each week.

I rootled round and found some ready made-up foiled pyramage (probably by Dufex and assembled ages ago) which it would be such a shame to waste, plus some metallic cards so these went together in next to no time before rushing back to sit in the freezer and cool down:

Crumbs, you can hardly see the layers in the photos unless you peer very closely, or click to enlarge.

Grinning here as these were the sort of Christmas cards I made almost at the start of my card making. They are both A6, ready embossed metallic cards. The gold card already has Happy Christmas in the design so I didn't add a sentiment. The silver one just had a silver lettering Craftwork Cards oval sentiment added, which had been layered onto pink pearlescent and muted silver plain and scalloped ovals respectively, punched with SU punches from little pieces found in the snippets folder.

Everything looks a bit wonky although it's straight in real life - think I need a new camera Len!!

More for the Christmas card box :)

Di
x

7 comments:

  1. Woot woot! A second entry . . . YAY . . . the woman from the freezer is on a roll (!)

    Fabby shiny cards Di. Nothing wrong with these - I still like A6 cards.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Di - and, yes, I can see the layers - thanks for joining my CHNC challenge 74 (btw you were right about the tv over the bath, but the irony is that neither of us is agile enough to get in and out of the bath!) I hope everyone's having fun in the playground - missing you all, but enjoying the break x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Di,

    I can see the layers - it's my special power! They are both really nice.

    I'm laughing at you getting back to the freezer. Here at work (yep, I know) I've been wearing a sweater off and on all day!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and the metallics are great. For cards made early in your 'card-career'...WOW! Wish mine looked so good. Thanks for sharing. Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, the metallic shows up wonderfully and I can see the layers, glad for the reminder on Rudolph Day, must try to get one done. Where does the time go?

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did l miss these?!! Fabulous cards and the decoupage is amazing Di:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.