Friday 4 May 2012

Friday Feast - Singapore Noodles

I tried this recipe yesterday for the first time and for a truly scrummy taste of the Orient it's hard to beat! Today's recipe was meant to be a cake that I baked last week but I wanted to share this right away :)
Singapore Noodles

Serves 4 - but more likely 3 (or perhaps we're a bit piggy here)

3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
Half teasp. Chinese five-spice powder
2 teasp. medium Madras curry powder
300g/110z. pork tenderloin, trimmed of any fat
140g/50z. medium egg noodles
1 tbsp. sunflower oil
2 x 300g packs fresh mixed stir-fry vegetables
100g/4oz. cooked prawns, thawed if frozen

Mix the teriyaki sauce, five-spice and curry powders. Add half to the pork, turning to coat, and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.

Heat oven to 200 degrees C/180 degrees C fan/ gas 6. Remove pork from the marinade and put on a small baking tray lined with foil. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, but reduce cooking time by one minute. Refresh in cold water and drain very well.

Transfer the pork to a chopping board and rest for five minutes. Set a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium high heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the vegetables for three to four minutes.

Cut the pork in half lengthways, then thinly slice. Ha, ha - at this stage it's so scrumptious it's impossible to resist pinching a few pieces :)

Tip pork into the pan with the prawns, noodles and remaining marinade. Toss together for two to three minutes until hot.

Oh wow, a really lovely dish that took me back to Singapore days! I think the only thing I'd change is to buy jumbo prawns instead of the large ones I got - but that's not essential.

Enjoy :)

Di
x

9 comments:

  1. Now that DOES sound yummy :-)
    I often make a stir fry on a Friday night when we get back from shopping but mine tends to be thrown together in 5 minutes with a stir fry sauce :-) Yes, I cheat :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy Di, we are fond of stir-frys in this house and adore prawns. I made a WW prawn masala last night but was a little disappointed with the results (sauce was a little watery for me) but the flavours were great.

    Looking forward to the banana cake recipe and piccie!

    Have a great Friday, take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the sound of this. Will definitely give it a go.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks DE-LISH-OUS I'll be round for mine plateful later! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure I can smell that sizzling from here!! I bet it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmm, that looks really tasty. May have to give it a try at some point this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good - I love Singapore noodles x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di why is there a dustbin beside my comment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.