Friday 25 May 2012

Don't you DARE do anything on my head!

Snigger, sorry but that's exactly what I thought the snowman might be thinking right now :)

This card is for Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge 73 where the theme this week is 'a touch of the blues' and also for my buddy Sandra's Rudolph Day Challenge, that runs for a week from the 25th of each month. I know, I know - who wants to make Christmas cards in this heat - but, I promise, both challenges are fun with prizes too and you'll be so much happier when Christmas begins to loom. Every card made now is one less to think about later on in the year:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- Kan Ban 'Crystal Star' backing card

- a snippet of dark blue glittered card behind the image

- pryramage snowman by GorJuss

- snowflake die cut with a Marianne die, glittered with Glamour Dust and then a diamante in the centre

- sentiment also from the GorJuss pyramage pack with a couple of little diamantes

- sparkly edged ribbon from the ribbon box - bought originally from Hobbycraft

Have a nice day, the weekend looms so let's hope this lovely weather lasts :) Whoop, whoop - if I'm quick I might be first to link into Rudolph Day over at Sarn's!!

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. Hehehe just fab. Pop back to my blog today when you get a minute cos I've done another post :-) :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were, you were . . . you were first in the challenge! Congrats on a v sweet card and I had to snigger at your thought process re the image! xxx

    Thanks for joining in my little challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh speedy, great card, really like the layered effect on the image. Good luck with the challenges :)

    Hope your bum isn't too soggy from sitting in the fridge? Be careful you don't get frostbite, that wouldn't be good ;)

    Have a great Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Di, you nearly made me spit my coffee out. Your title and then seeing the image made me laugh so much - great card too!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas in a heatwave, lovely!!!! Thinking of cold, cold snow...wonderful....!!!! Enjoy your banana cake too, looks scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute image Di, l'd be thinking the same.......lol hope your enjoying this lovely sunshine......enjoy your day:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I like that image a lot :) Termperature wise it must feel like you're still in Spain - we are just melting here in sunny Ayr :)) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pyramid snowman is clever! Could do with a snowman to hug today!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di,

    Hee hee. Yep, I'd be thinking the same thing! This card is great. I love your coloring.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Gorjuss snowman (I've got him somewhere) - thanks for joining my CHNC challenge 73 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmn! Not sure quite what to say there Di, except I like the card. Love the technique you have used even if I cannot for the life of me remember it's name!! Too hot to think I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, love the snowman and love the pryramage, and not to mention your thoughts!!
    Funny thing is we have had the Grandsons from Wednesday night till after tea tomorrow and while bird watching through my craftroom window Ethan said to me that he was not that keen on birds any more as while at Filey he had one bird pooh on his head and then another on his hooded top, he wasn't too happy when I broke into fits of giggles.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and the caption. Can,t get my arse onto gear to do 'C' cards me self. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehe from the title I expected one of your fabulous Tuesday Tales. Lovely card, Di. Brilliant job. All my pryramage efforts have ended in the trash.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another Christmas card made, you really are doing well with this, wish I could get started, have coloured a few images but as soon as I go to make one I get oh I forgot can you make a card for so and so lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.