Saturday 15 October 2011

Winter Wonderland

Itching here to play with the MS Punch Around The Page (PATP) Aspen Snowflakes set, I had a quick little play in between wedding stationery samples.

The colours are a little bit different for a Christmas card:
The background papers are from My Minds Eye - free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. Some really nice papers in the pack, although I wasn't overly impressed with the free toppers - think I need to sit and have a good think about those! However, one paper and a couple of toppers did leap out at me - love the little trees!

I used:

- 5" white square card stock

- chocolate brown backing card (this needs to be quite thin as the PATP snowflake set is quite intricate and doesn't cut thicker card as neatly) - punched with the PATP set

- paper from the MME freebie set, with corners rounded off

- topper from the MME freebie set, backed with a round scallop also cut from the chocolate brown backing card

- sentiment also from the freebie MME set

- a few aurora borealis (two big words today!) gems, some on the tree topper and one in each corner snowflake as, to my eye anyhow, the centres in the corner punch are a bit big compared to the delicacy of the rest of the snowflakes

All done, and another one on the Christmas pile. My 'in-house critic' says this reminds him of chocolate peppermint creams :)) Today is his birthday so maybe the Birthday Fairy will have to see if she can find some real peppermint creams!

Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned!

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. I really like this card Di, and that snowflake edge so pretty. I agree with you that the gems do the trick on the corners. Lovely! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, this is really lovely i love the pretty punch around the rim of the card and your colours are gorgeous, the background is stunning as is your image you have a lovely card here and a great challenge good luck, many thanks for your lovely comments too have a lovely weekend:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Di - I like that the colours are a bit different from the usual Christmas fare. The punched edge is gorgeous ... it's now on my 'most wanted' list. Love trees with gems on them - I think the must be 'on trend' because I've seen quite a few in blogland and on galleries recently. Hope your weekend is going well. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    I hope all is good with you.

    Loving your Christmas card. How fab that MS punch looks and your freebie papers.

    I hope your "in house critic" has a lovely birthday (and that you manage to find him some peppermint creams).

    I hope we get a peep at the wedding stationery samples!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Amy here this morning with her three little darlings and she opened up her card from you while she was here.....all we can say is wow wow wow. Thank you soooo much for a really stunning card [I don't have a pic of it to blog it for you sorry].
    Huge hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Christmas card. Haven't got this freebie . . . but have had them in the past, and know what you mean about the sentiments.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Di this is beautiful. I also have these papers and you have inspired me. I love the edging and how you've decorated the tree.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Di! I love none traditional Christmas cards they stand out from the rest and almost always are handcrafted. Happy Birthday Len!
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Di, love the paper and the matching die cut and the added gems.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card, Di, love the Martha punced edge, nice yo see it in a dark colour instead of always in white.MMM curry was good, love your recipe sections.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh... what a pretty card! Now I want that PATP set... and the bat corner one (got the edge one), and the spiders PATP, and the cobweb set too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.