Thursday 15 September 2011

Harumph! So who closed the playground early?

Oh boy, I almost got caught out - to my consternation (today's long word) Jules is closing 'Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge' early this week, at midnight today in fact!! I'm amazed she finds the time, on top of everything else she does, to hop round our blogs and post a really lovely round-up every Sunday - so this card is very much tongue in cheek:
The realisation that I might miss playtime sent me scurrying for my folder of snippets pronto! I'd also been inspired by Jules to do some paper piecing once again - so when I came across this GorJuss Girls stamp called Little Miss Attitude I just had to make this card and dedicate it to Jules, after all - she's got little hearts on her dress and in her hair :)) Not that I'm saying it's anything like Jules you understand, much more like I was on Monday when everything was going 'bum over boobs' wrong. And also, just the way a little monster might be if her playground was being closed early for once :)

So, if you aren't already in a flap, screeching 'I'm late!', and diving for your snippets - this is what I used:

- 6" x 6" plain white card stock
- GorJuss girls stamp - 'Little Miss Attitude' dress paper pieced with a snippet
- Pro Markers - Satin and Blush (skin), Ginger, Burnt Orange and Chestnut (hair),  Powder Blue (stockings), Cobalt Blue (stockings, shoes, hair slides, hearts and edging on dress)
- All other papers and lace border (cut using a Martha Stewart punch) from snippets
- Punched flowers and leafy branches from snippets
- Little flat backed pearls from stash
- Spotty ribbon from stash

Phew - made it! Now all I have to do is forget to link this to Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge Week 36 and then the pose here will certainly be exactly like Little Miss Attitude :)

Hope you have a great time at the Art Festival Jules!

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. Hehehe I love the image Di.....it reminds me very much of our M when she was little [yes her hair really is a gorgeous auburn!]. Her favourite saying was 'I do it myself'!......just wish she would now crack on in labour and do it herself :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! That's a good one Di.

    Least you made it into the playground just before the gates closed!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's a cutie, now I know what she's called - have seen many like her and loved them! Such a good expression! Hope the playground is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute Di, a great snippet make. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. To stinkin’ cute Di! She reminds me of a little neighbor girl years ago, we actually called her Little Miss Attitude. Great design and I Love those little flowers!
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Di, this is a great cute little image! love her colouring especially her auburn hair she looks a proper little madam! great background and lovely punched flowers cracking card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di, this card is adorable and I love the way she's got her arms crossed in defiance.

    Great colours too.

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, lovely colours and fabulous colouring.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee hee Di!!!

    Sorry .. .. didn't mean to make you speed!!

    Hope you didn't rush too fast past any speed cameras!!!

    Loving your little image and paper piecing. I don't think I ever look like the little girl on your card .. .. but others might disagree!! Who knows!!

    But that said I do love the heart dress and the hearts in my hair LOL!!!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely make this week - great use of your snippets.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! She reminds me of my granddaughter when she's told "NO!" too often *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this image is adorable Di. There's something that I love about the combination of blue and yellow! I have to laugh....not ever heard of "bum over boobs" (I think I've seen it though) before but I've got to admit, I kinda like it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. great snippet make , love the gorguss girl x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute, she looks proper annoyed hurrumph !!

    Glad you managed to get in with this lovely snippet make, your post did make me laugh :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di, no idea how I missed this post earlier but glad I popped over from Jules to check it out - that image is just so darned cute. If you'd made her hair a shade or two darker that would be my Juli when she was tiny - she couldn't hear, so she couldn't talk back then, but she had enough attitude for ten and certainly got her message over :) Thanks for the memory. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.