Friday 18 March 2011

Waterfall card - a first attempt

On Wednesday (WOYWW) this card was lying in kit form on my desk. It was a freebie with a craft magazine but at times, when I was making it up, I wished I'd left it where it was! It look me ages to figure out how to make the thing - plus some serious scouting round YouTube tutorials. It's OK-ish but I know some things I'd do differently another time....we live and learn :)



I added some Papermania backing paper and a piece of ribbon from my stash. And, I got to use some eyelets and my 'pretty pretty' pink floral eyelet hammer. I've had it for well over eight or so years and this was its first use............shame on me!! My OH dashed into my little den to find out what all the banging was - then beat a hasty retreat when he saw me wielding a hammer :) I guess a Crop-o-dile or similar would be a lot quieter but am not sure I'd get much use out of it.......besides which the hammering was very satisfying. As a small child I used to fill my first little dolls pram with any rubble I could find and wheel it all over the place wearing my favourite little dungarees - maybe I should have been a builder?!




Di
x

8 comments:

  1. I have a hammer like yours and I use mine for hammering the hems on jeans when I shorten them :-)
    Love the card.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Presumably it's for those really thick parts where the seams are? Have a nice day! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little hammer you have there! My Dad was a builder and I would spend hours in his shed hammering nails into timber off cuts. Your post brought that memory back to me just now and I am smiling from ear to ear. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your cute hammer. I was a tomboy too, brother and boy cousins meant I loved boys toys!! The card is gorgeous too, lovely colourwise with matching tones. Well done on your 1st attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very striking waterfall card and your hammer is gorgeous.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some nice memories here from Clare, good tip from Wipso and thank you so much for your sweet comment Wendy. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a lovely waterfall card. They look easy, but their not I find out by myself. Good idea to buy a hammer first. She's looking
    cute ;-).
    Bye Franka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! Very pretty!
    My DH has given up running to see what I'm up to when he hears me hammering. I've put up, taken down and replaced shelves in my little craft room several times. Also built a green house. Nothing is quite square or completely level but amazingly none of it has fallen down yet. LOL!
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.