Sunday 13 March 2011

Flower card - if you can't have real flowers

My step-mum is still unwell and we aren't sure where things will go from here - will she go back home or possibly need long-term care? She's quite perky now but has to have oxygen due to chronic asthma and consequently she can't have flowers in her room but, as she loves flowers so much, I thought this card might be the next best thing.

I made the flower a while ago - and showed it on WOYWW here. And this is the finished card:





The flower is a La Pashe Build-a-Flower azalea. It seemed best to keep the card fairly simple (I used a pure white A6 linen effect card) - the pink background was die cut using a die from a Nesties Labels Eight set - I then used the next size down to cut the white label  from embossed card with a little bit of pink shimmery chalk edging added before removing the label from the Nestie. It was then just a case of adding the flower, leaf and a label before adding a few little drops of Anitas Glaze as 'dew'.

I hope it fits the bill, even though it has no perfume!

And, I've re-discovered my lovely chalks at the same time :) It's probably several years since I used them so they're well overdue for a few outings.

Di
x

3 comments:

  1. STUNNING!
    You'er in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - bet it'll be loved - specially as you can't always have flowers in hospital. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di - what a gorgeous card - I'm sure your mum in law will love it - hope all goes well for her - just also wanted to swing by and say thank you for becoming a follower - I'm going to be offering my followers a little something every month - I'll draw out one lucky winner each month - good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.