Saturday 1 January 2011

New Years Day birthday

One of my friends has her birthday on 1st January ...and Happy New Year especially to those friends who I know drop in to have a peek but are too shy to comment!


After making all those Christmas cards it was lovely to play with a new stamp plus some CraftWork goodies from my stash. One of their scalloped cards (oops, it's the last one I have in white in my stash!) is topped by some of their really pretty pink paper and a Bazill Basics 'Half The Edge' strip. The cupcake image is a CraftHouse Press stamp - Cupcakes (now there's a surprise!)- K005. It was stamped onto a label cut out using a Nestie Die. Then I used my yummy Aquamarkers to colour the image (and I did several in one go, that approach seems to make sense to me) and added some teensy Papermania Bling gems to the cupcakes. I just topped it off with some Craftwork Cards flowers and card candy centres. The sentiment is also from CraftWork Cards which I layered onto a scalloped circle, cut using my oh-so-useful SU punch.and the paper is cappuchino colour from the same range as the pink paper.

I loved the fresh look of this card - and I also made some very similar ThankYou cards at the same time!

Di
x

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful card, in your fave colours too. The flowers set it off well, complimenting the colourway of the card. Cupcakes, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.