Sunday 23 January 2011

Girlie Lili of the Valley 'Cute Squares' this time

Yippee, my pretty scalloped Nesties arrived and I tried out one set to make these cards:



I used backing papers from Papermania Capsule Collections (Blueberry Pie and Boysenberry) and by mixing them I could get two cards from two pieces of paper. The cards are from Craftwork Cards and the plain pastel card came from Hobbycraft - I think. I rounded corners, did the layering and then added some little flowers punched out from the leftover scraps of the patterned papers (waste not, want not!) using an X-Cut Dimensional flower punch which punches and embosses. The flowers have little Papermania rounded 'sparkles' in their centres and the sentiments are, once again, from Craftwork Cards.
I loved making these cards - a few more for my stock box!

Di
x

4 comments:

  1. LOVELY!!! Those Nesties add so much to a card and you sure used them perfectly. Going to get some as soon as the budget allows.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie

    Lovely to hear from you - will email you ASAP! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di
    Love these images - are they stamps? You've got me going on stamps now so I'm keen to find out and if they are, add them to my 'wish list'!!! Thanks, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! Just sent you an email. These are the ready coloured LOTV squares - but they are also in stamp form. I just thought I'd cut some corners to build up some cards for your charities..............it sure is way better than my colouring, and faster :) Di xv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.