Friday 3 December 2010

KanBan hidden card stash to the rescue!

Oh boy, did I get a fright yesterday - I checked our Christmas Card list and I'm still WAY short of the target :( We've both moved around a bit so have friends and relatives all over the place and I really don't want to fall back on shop bought cards so am soldiering on.

By a stroke of luck (or forward planning which I'd completely forgotten about!) I found a box of KanBan goodies from QVC (Christmas backing paper/card, die cuts and sentiments) tucked right on a high shelf in my crafty room cupboards. Whew! They still need to be made but I had a quick go yesterday and here are some of the results.



I got two cards from the backing card, the Santa toppers are almost the same and the poinsettias are Papermania 'A Silent Night'. The flowers and leaves came in layers which I just assembled with small gold brads and sprayed with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist - it doesn't show up so well in the photo but it's really lovely for a subtle shimmer.



This card..........blurry photo, sorry....... (I managed two from one lush turquoise/silver A4 sheet again) was just layered using foam pads and then a couple of toning snowflakes added. The beauty of this KanBan set is that so much of it goes together in 'themes'.


And this one (I only made one of these) was again really simple. A bit of pop-out decoupage and layering of the topper (it's quite a big one) onto toning silver and poinsettias card stock - and a little white and silver bow just to pick up the white touches in the card.

That makes another five done.......in between I have been working on other cards but these KanBan ones are just so quick they could well save my bacon! And there's still lots of cards I can get out of the box - thank goodness!!!

And as for my desk, don't even ASK how that looks! In fact, stuff is also strewn all over our bed - purely so I can mix and match stuff you understand!

Di
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.