Sunday 12 December 2010

Happy Feet :)

I must have started to make these cards not long after last Christmas, whilst still in the Festive Mood!! I love Christmas and would happily live in a permanent Christmas Bubble! I hate the way the house looks so bare, even though it isn't really, after the deccies are taken down. To counter this I even pack the everyday clutter ornaments etc. away in the Christmas deccie boxes......but it still looks bare afterwards :( I know some people can't wait to rip their decs down ready for another year, and are quite proud of this, but I just don't understand it - there's still a kid inside me.................thankfully!!

Anyhow, today I was rootling round looking for something or another...a bit gingerly as my back is telling me off these past few days. Plus, Pixies Crafty Workshop looks like they've run amok in here - it's like a bombsite right now!! But, I came across this one hidden in a half made basket of cards.......plus three others all the same ready to just stick together - result! Another four down and goodness knows just how many to go (I do know in fact, but am not admitting it..............am in denial!!).

It was easy peasy to make - the background is a Craft Creations 12" x 12" sheet of snowflakes chopped into four (I'm making four cards all the same here, OK?). Then some very sparkly card cut into wavy 'hills' layered on top, a sentiment from Lakeland Limited. WHATEVER made them stop doing their crafty stuff is beyond me - plus a gem instead of a ribbon bow at the end of the tag! A couple of snowflakes (confetti I suspect.............from my stash!) and then the cute little Sandylion puffy penguin stickers added at jaunty spots. I like to think they're having a great time dancing....and that the little one right on the bottom right is just how I feel now...........................ready to lie down and rest my back :)

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the penguin lying down - just like I feel too, loads of time to do things, then it's only two weeks away! Help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.