Saturday 11 December 2010

From Our House To Yours - err, que?!?!

This is another card I rustled up using that fabulous KanBan card kit - oh boy, has that kit come to my rescue!


The card itself used lovely red card stock, already embellished with sumptuous gold swirls, it's A5 and the topper is decoupaged, plus it was already sparkled too! I really love the cosy look of this card and the way the recessed windows seem to really glow and invite you in to have a quick warm by the fire (and perhaps a mince pie and some mulled wine?!).

Thankfully there was a choice of two sentiments to go with this topper - one of them said 'From Our House To Yours'. Err, no way do houses send cards to one another, or do they, is it me?! It just grated on me so I opted for the other option!

Last week I went to a local farmshop for a mooch around and there was such a beautiful robin, very much like the one on this card sitting on the wall right next to where I parked, just so amazingly close. We sat for ages eyeing one another up before he flitted off and I got out of my car and went into the farmshop. We do have a resident robin in our garden so perhaps I could send the farmshop this card saying 'From Our Robin to Yours'? :))

And, as is almost usual, I finished it off with a gold organza ribbon tied in a bow!

Di
x

1 comment:

  1. Just how Christmas should be in our minds! I can just imagine sitting by a cosy real log fire and enjoying the calm whilst outside the window all is manic! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.